Vučica (14th century – after March 20, 1415) is the daughter of Duke Vukac Hrvatinić. In addition to Vučica, duke Vukac had two more daughters, Resa, married to Tepčija Batalo Šantić, and one daughter whose name has not been preserved in the sources. The opinion that Vučica was married to one of the members of the noble family of Zlatonosović of an unknown name has taken root in historiography, however, this view has been disproved. Indeed, one of the daughters of Duke Vukac Hrvatinić was married to a Zlatonosović, but her name is not known, nor is the name of her husband, who was the uncle of the brothers Duke Vukmir and Vukašin.
The first mention of Vučica in historical sources occurs at the beginning of 1404, when she and her sons, Vuk and Branivoj, received asylum from the Ragusans. Apparently, Vučica then ran into some difficulties because she sought asylum from the Ragusans, although the circumstances under which this occurred are unknown. A little later, the Ragusans begged her brother, Duke Hrvoje Vukčić, to resolve issues involving her sister and her sons, suggesting that their relationship was strained during this period. This episode took place at a time when Prince Hrvoje controlled the towns in eastern Bosnia, Sreberenica and Kučlat, and was considered to be the most powerful figure on the then Bosnian political scene. In March 1415, Vučica addressed the Ragusans again, to which they responded from Ragusa by sending a letter to her and her sons, where, in addition to Vuk and Branivoj, the third son, Radoslav, is mentioned. It is unclear what happened to Vučica in the future.
Vučica, Dubrovnik State Archives, Lettere di Levante IV, foil 66
Vučica, Dubrovnik State Archives, Consilium Rogatorum 1, foil 9
- Ćošković, Pejo: “Hrvatinići (Horvatići, Stipančić Hrvatinić, Stipanići, Stjepanići), (velikaški rod)” in: Hrvatski biografski leksikon V (Gn-H), Leksikografski zavod Miroslav Krleža, Zagreb, 2002, 725-739.
- Dinić, Mihailo: Za istoriju rudarstva u srednjevekovnoj Srbiji i Bosni, I, SAN (Posebna izdanja 240, Odeljenje društvenih nauka 14), Beograd, 1955, 39.
- Jorga, Nicola: Notes et extraits pour servir a l’histoiredes croisades au XVe siecle, II, Ernest Leroux, Paris, 1899,102-103.
- Mrgić-Radojčić, Jelena: Donji Kraji. Krajina srednjovekovne Bosne, Filozofski fakultet u Beogradu-Filozofski fakultet u Banjaluci-Istorijski institut u Banjaluci, Beograd-Banja Luka, 2002, 71.
- Rudić, Srđan: “O ženi vojvode Vukmira Zlatonosovića”, Istorijski časopis 55, Beograd, 2007, 14, note no. 5.
- Ruvarac, Ilarion: “Draga, Danica, Resa”, Glasnik Zemaljskog muzeja 3, Sarajevo, 1891, 237.
- Stojanović, Ljubomir: Stare srpske povelje i pisma, I (1), SKA, Beograd-Sremski Karlovci, 1929, 487-488.
- Šišić, Ferdo: Vojvoda Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić i njegovo doba, MH, Zagreb, 1902, 21-22.